Wminbc's Reviews > Backstage Pass

2202962
Apr 19, 2011

Read from February 27 to 28, 2012 — I own a copy

Review

LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!  Yes, this is erotica…but so much more.  The story was funny, witty, endearing and wonderful all at the same time.  Don’t get me wrong, there is something like a sex scene every four pages, but they are great and wonderful and reveal so much about each of the characters.  The lack of build up in the beginning of the story is congruent with the characters themselves.  Shallow and light was the norm for rock band relationships, but as Brian begins to feel more for Myrna and vice versa, the story, the characters’ internal thoughts and the emotions build.  The story grows and swells (as it seems all the men in The Sinners do as well) with Myrna and her personal journey.

Because this was the story of Brian and Myrna, their sex scenes are the predominant lovin’ throughout.  That said, the story is truly a band-effort and each of The Sinners falls a little bit in love with Myr.  But don’t tell her--she hates the L-word.  The why of that fact is both heart breaking and tragic.  As Myr moves past her insecurities and doubts, she and Brian make the most beautiful music.

The creativity flows when Brian and Myr couple and these two create riffs no one has ever heard before!  Enjoy!

Notes to the reader:
Sed’s book was read and reviewed together with Backstage Pass.  We meet all the Sinners in this book, as well as Dare of the band Exodus End and Trey’s brother.  I went searching to find when the plan is for more books and Olivia Cunning herself said:

"The plan is to finish the Sinners on Tour series.
Jace
Eric
Trey
[though the order might change]

And then do a spin-off of Ex The plan is to finish the Sinners on Tour series. Jace, Eric, Trey [though the order might change].  And then do a spin-off of Exodus End's World Tour. Steve (drummer), Logan (bassist), Dare (lead guitar), Max (vocals), [not sure on the order of those at all].  You'll meet all of Exodus End in later Sinners books. And I haven't sold the Exodus End series yet, so no telling when those will be released.  You heard it from the horse's mouth. Wait. Did I just call myself a horse? :-)"
(Review was posted here, but now expired so I reposted in GR...http://www.nocturnereads.com/Backstag...)

Just re-read this one...still awesome the second time...and actually picked up even more this time. Myrna is almost a bitch with her baggage and control issues, but just when I might call her one...she laughs or Brian tells a joke and have a toss! Gosh, I just love these two, likely because I too am a hopeless romantic (or romantic retard, as the Sinners put it).
I am in love with love and not ashamed to admit it...this book, while ubber steamy and kinky, is about believing in someone again and making something real in such a false and fantasy driven reality. Life in the band...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Backstage Pass.

Quotes Wminbc Liked

Olivia Cunning
“He put his fingertips against her forehead.

"You must be at least this tall to ride The Beast."

"Secure your belongings and keepy your arms and legs around the ride at all times.”
Olivia Cunning, Backstage Pass

04/21/2011 page 198
52.0% ""Let's run away to Vegas and get married""
04/21/2011 page 301
78.0% ""Did he kiss me again?"
Again?"
04/22/2011 page 301
78.0% ""Did he kiss me again?"
Again?"
show 1 hidden update…

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) Ahhh. That's my nrxt book!! I'll follow you.
Enjoy!

Wminbc Quite literally did a happy dance when the delivery man knocked on the door...both books in one brown package!!
So many said it was good...will update tomorrow!
Have a great day, me

Wminbc I freaking LOVE this book!!!!

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) KARRRRRIAAAA!!!! me tooo!!!

Wminbc I stayed up till my eyes couldn't take any more...at page 322 of book 2...ahhhh me lovers Sed...and Trey. Gosh that man needs some good loving, but it looks like Trey may be the last book that is the works???
Jace is that quiet type...looking forward to his HEA too...yaaaaaa Annnnggeeellaaaaa!
Have an awesome weekend!
PS, check out the hunks on www.nocturnereads.com and let me know which hunk of man you like!

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) That's funny. I stayed up too. But didn't finish. Still on Book 1. Yeah Sed is hot.
Did you see the short story Olivia Cunning Poste in a guest Blog!?
I'll check out nocturn now. Mmmmmuah!

Wminbc Hey where is the link for the short story by Olivia Cunning...would love to read it...
Finished Rock Hard yesterday and now will be pining for the rest of the boys....uggg new series and the waiting! The waiting! the waiting....
;)

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) Finished Backstage Pass last night. Awesome book. But as it is, weekend does not give me time on the puter or book or phone. I'll start Rock hard tomorrow. :(

Here's the link. Enjoy!

Lynsey Well said, Wminbc! I'm in love with love too!! Brian is just so incredibly swoonworthy. When I read this for the second time recently, I had forgotten what a kinky devil Brian was - I was delighted by it!!

Wminbc Lynsey wrote: "Well said, Wminbc! I'm in love with love too!! Brian is just so incredibly swoonworthy. When I read this for the second time recently, I had forgotten what a kinky devil Brian was - I was deligh..."

Yup...a romantic retard like BeRye...not ashamed to admit it either. Love is worth sharing and spreading far and wide...just because one person doesn't want you or treat you well doesn't mean you shut down...It means you love more and more will come back to you! Cheers! Brian is a kinky devil, eh??? loved him!!!!