Alexandra Daw's Reviews > Violent Exposure

Violent Exposure by Katherine Howell

Apr 26, 2016

liked it

This was an easy read and remarkably enjoyable given I'm not a huge fan of crime fiction. It was my first experience of Katherine Howell and I will probably pick up another of her stories just to check consistency and because I love reading a book I don't have to struggle to read. Violent Exposure is the 4th in the Ella Marconi series. It didn't really matter that I hadn't read the first ones - I could pick up the story pretty quickly and there were only a couple of references to things that were from previous stories and which didn't interfere with my understanding of the main storyline.

Set in contemporary Sydney, the story looks at a murder investigation. Who is Connor Crawford and why did he seemingly murder his wife? The story begins with a paramedic crew following up on a domestic violence report and the fast-paced narrative really gets you in. I liked the paramedic angle which was something I hadn't encountered before in a crime read and particularly the relationship or interface with the police in their work. Katherine worked as a paramedic for 15 years and there is definitely the touch of authenticity in her characters' dialogue and mannerisms/personalities.

Above all, it's so good to have yet another Australian crime writer that I can confidently recommend to my customers who seem to have a never ending thirst for the crime genre.

PS Katherine will be speaking at Arana Hills library to help us celebrate our 40th birthday on 6th June at 6:30. Why don't you come along and help us celebrate? https://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/sub...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Violent Exposure.

Started Reading