Lissette's Reviews > A Study in Charlotte

A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro

Apr 25, 2016

Amazing! I loved the plot, it was fast paced. I flew through this book in 2-3 days. It pays homage to the Sherlock stories and the characters. Although Charlotte and James are descendants of Sherlock and Watson, they are still individuals with flaws. Charlotte's wittiness is identical to Sherlock. The friendship between Charlotte and James was great. I liked their dynamic, you can tell they balanced each other well. I was impressed by the way they portrayed Charlotte's addiction, as we all know Sherlock had a problem as well. Along with the topic of rape. One of my favorite lines that Charlotte says in one scene is " You orchestrated my rape and you call me a whore?" I love that line because it's so powerful, it shuts down slut-shaming and victim blaming. I loved the epilogue because since James is the narrator, at the end Charlotte is going through what he wrote which is what Sherlock does to John. This is going to be a trilogy which I am excited about because I love the characters and I liked how the romance is only hinted since it is the first book obviously James is attracted to Charlotte, it's possible that she may feel something for him or at least starting to. I loved there is one kiss scene and it's very short. In that scene, Charlotte says that that's all she can do because she is still getting over being raped and James respects that and does not pressure her in any way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Study in Charlotte.

April 25, 2016 – Started Reading