Dani Butler's Reviews > The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference

The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell

Feb 23, 2008

bookshelves: non-fiction, recommendation-jim
Recommended to Dani by: Jim and Stranger than fiction book club
Recommended for: everyone
Read in January, 2007

This book was the beginning of my non-fiction reading fever and I'm really thankful that I picked it up. It of course is a member of the pop-science/rogue economonic genera that has grown very popluar in the last couple of years. Galdwell's voice moves this book to a different level for the information presented in this could have been given in a dull light, but it was an amazing and easy read.

this book looks at a couple of factor to a tipping point (when something small spreads and become something bigger) such as law of a few, stickness factor, and such. My favorite explain in the book is how what Seaseme St. and Blues Clues do to get and keep their audience and how they statgery is totally different than most television programs.

If you're planning on reading this book to help your sells or understand economics better-- you should probably look else where because although it's an fasinating read... it doesn't really give you clean cut plan on hitting a tipping point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tipping Point.