Kim's Reviews > Stockholm Diaries, Melanie

Stockholm Diaries, Melanie by Rebecca  Hunter

Rebecca Hunter has succeeded again in capturing Stockholm summers, this time focusing her attention on the archipelago, the group of islands in the Baltic Sea to which Stockholmers love to escape from the city. This time, we focus on American Melanie, who is writing a biography of her father--a famous Swedish poet who has been a mystery to her since he left her life when she as a child--and Henrik, a very handsome Swede who happens to have his own connection to her father and an aversion to relationships.

I really loved how, despite the attraction Melanie and Henrik feel for one another almost from the very beginning of the story, they try to maintain a professional relationship (since he's helping her with translating her father's journals from Swedish to English). But the pull between them is just too much for either to ignore and the island isn't really big enough to justify keeping their distance. Melanie and Henrik's story is intriguing and very sexy--very hot scenes between the two of them and my favourite takes place in the tiny cabin of his boat. I also loved how Melanie was determined to find out why her father left her life when she was so young, even if she knew that she might not like the answers she'd find.

Another winner! So happy to have found another writer writing about Americans finding love in Scandinavia! :D
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stockholm Diaries, Melanie.

April 23, 2016 – Started Reading