Michelle Johnson's Reviews > Awaken

Awaken by G.R. Thomas

This book told such a magical and tragic story, blending the past with the present in such a way that actually makes you think..., is this real?

The way that Thomas intertwined history with fantasy was a real treat to get caught up in. I was really impressed with the way the biblical elements were executed in this story. From the names to the descriptions, everything was well put together and beautifully written.

Too many times throughout this book, my heart ached for Sophia. Geez, that poor girl could not catch a break! Every time she was somewhat standing back on her feet, something came along and shot the girl down. She was a character that I really enjoyed, her thought process truly took you with her and made you feel like you were right there, living in her moments of glory and pain.

The only issue I had was finding it a little hard to grasp who was leading in certain chapters. The other POVs introduced were a little confusing, but not enough to take away from the story.

Apart from that I'd definitely recommend this book! The pacing was great and the story and writing kept me furiously turning the pages to see what the hell was going to happen next.

ANNNNND THAT ENDING! Gugghhh! Too many feels!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awaken.

April 24, 2016 – Shelved
April 24, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
May 2, 2016 – Started Reading
May 6, 2016 –
20.0% "These are the times I wish I had more time to read. Stayed up late three nights in a row trying to get as much as I could in, cause this story has me hooked. Damn you adult life, damn you good."
May 9, 2016 –
May 18, 2016 –
60.0% "Back at it! Hopefully I'll be able to buckle down and finish it this long weekend!"
May 24, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

G.R. Thomas Thank you so very much And thanks for the constructive feedback. ❤️❤️❤️