Colleen's Reviews > Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries

Death by Black Hole by Neil deGrasse Tyson

This is a great introduction into the world of astrophysics for the lay person. It's funny and engaging in a way you couldn't imagine a book about astrophysics being (without reading this book). How did it all begin and where are we going are just some of the cosmic quandaries that are tackled. It even has a whole section on how many ways the planet and its life could end! Fun stuff for a nerd like me. Plus, it touches on many other science/culture conundrums that are great food for thought.

It was a tiny redundant, owing to the fact that these are all previously written essays collected for purpose of the book. But, I actually liked the redundancy. It allowed more time for the heavy science behind astrophysics to sink in, and I became more familiar with the scientists that propelled our cosmic knowledge forward.

Overall, it was a great read. It was a refreshing break from the day-to-day politics and tedium that can make our lives feel very small. From the advantage of science, it truly put our Earthly lives into a cosmic perspective.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death by Black Hole.

Finished Reading