Melissa's Reviews > Life Support

Life Support by Nicki Edwards

Apr 22, 2016

bookshelves: 2016-reading-challenge

Life Support is the latest book in Nicki Edwards Escape to the Country series. I've read all the books, so I had an idea of what to expect - a light, enjoyable read that mixed romance with life in the hospital.

I really enjoyed this book, though Tom pushing Emma away so much got a bit irritating after a while. I'm glad the secrets finally came out. It would also have been good to know a bit more about life in Lexton Downs, however because the book was from Emma's point of view, it seemed she was more interested in her work at the hospital and was trusting Tom and the team he'd put together to run the place for her. This didn't take me away from enjoying the story.

This book had me in tears twice with some incredibly moving scenes. I won't tell you which ones, you'll have to read the book to find out.

I also enjoyed meeting Ruby, Tom's 5 year old daughter. She's a character and I enjoyed watching the relationship between her and Emma (maybe there's another book 15 or so years later!).

I am really enjoying the Escape to the Country series and find them the perfect light read when life is crazy. It's nice to read the books and have your own little escape to the country,

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life Support.

April 18, 2016 – Started Reading