Melody May (What I'm Reading)'s Reviews > How I Married a Marquess

How I Married a Marquess by Anna Harrington

bookshelves: arc, historical, romance

Posted on What I'm Reading

Talk about it being totally unproductive day. How I Married A Marquess sucked me into the story. I couldn't stop reading once I started. I kept telling myself one more chapter, and I need to do something else. However, I kept telling myself this lie, and by the time I was close to finishing it I said "What the heck, why stop now?" Basically it was crack for readers, I loved every moment of this story. Anna basically grabs your attention with the first chapter and she doesn't let go. Thomas is a cad at the beginning, and he's restless. After getting shot in the last book and almost dying he's trying to find his footing through How I Married A Marquess. He was once a spy, but can't do it cause he lost his edge. Of course, that's not a good thing in a spy. Yet, he was given an opportunity to possibly get his career back with the help of a family friend. Then he meets this spirited, beautiful, young woman who isn't what she seems to be.

Now Josephine is such a fun character. She's not your typical aristocrat daughter. No, she's spirited and fun, yet she doesn't believe she's good enough to marry. She lets her adoption loom over her head, and she believes that she's going to taint some families bloodlines cause she isn't a natural daughter of the baron. He has a hard time accepting that her family loves her no matter what, and she's fearful that one day her family is going to wake up and realize that they made a mistake. Granted her family loves her to pieces, but it's a normal fear.

I had a great time reading How I Married A Marquess. Honestly it was fun and lighthearted. You have Thomas chasing after Josephine and trying to save her from herself. There is this friction between the two, because she believes that Thomas's family friend is up to no good. Yet, he can come to terms that he could be evil, which is their argument through most of the book. I get why Thomas is loyal to the family friend, because why in the world would he do such terrible things. We also meet Josephine's brothers who I think need their own books, because they seem like trouble. If you are need of an adventure, you might consider How I Married A Marquess. Who knows you might not be able to put it down once you start.

Copy provided by Forever Romance

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How I Married a Marquess.

April 22, 2016 – Started Reading
April 22, 2016 – Shelved
April 22, 2016 –
page 21
5.71% "Started with a snort. I mean he's in stable with a "filly". LOL."
April 25, 2016 –
page 118
April 25, 2016 –
page 213
April 25, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
April 25, 2016 – Shelved as: historical
April 25, 2016 – Shelved as: romance
April 25, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Melody  May (What I'm Reading) Thank you so much.

Melody  May (What I'm Reading) Kimberly I hope you like it as much as we did.