Ripken's Reviews > Saving Mr. Terupt

Saving Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

This was a very exciting book about classmates that were apart of Mr. Trupt’s class for a couple years that are now in 7th grade and miss their old teacher that was very nice and unique. At the end of the school year the school board decides that they have to cut a teacher or two to save money and Mr. Terupt is on the chopping block to go. The kids are devastated and start to raise money to save their old beloved teacher. Can they save him?

This book is a great book to read about a group of kids that stay together but grow apart after a disastrous party and come back together to try to save a teacher they love! This book reminds me of Watership Down because Hazel and other bunnies stick together while finding a true home but some of the rabbits started to think Hazel was clueless but they soon found out he wasn’t and they found a home together just like the gang did in Saving Mr.Terupt. This book also reminds me of is how kids from schools all over the world raise money for hospitals, cancer, hunger, and all sorts of things just like the gang did! When the gang held a bakery sale for Mr.Terupt it reminded me of how my brother and I were going to do a dog walking business and keep some of the money and give the rest to charity.

This was an awesome book of this series but I wish it wasn’t the last one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Mr. Terupt.

April 12, 2016 – Started Reading