Good Golly Miss Holly's Reviews > Second Chance Summer

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

Apr 17, 2011

Read from May 30 to June 04, 2012

Beware: This one is a total tearjerker! With all the makings for an easygoing summer read, Second Chance Summer manages to be all that and more when the death of a family member is thrown in the mix. Surprisingly, this made the novel all the more believable and actually pushed it over the edge to a five star novel for me.

I was one of the few who didn't really see the amazing winning quality of Morgan Matson's debut novel but I'm glad to say Second Chance Summer is much more to my reading tastes. With roughly 500 pages, it took me a long time to finally commit to a five star rating but I'm glad I did in the end.

When the big secret of why Taylor refrained from visiting her summer house for almost five years was revealed, I felt a little disappointed. The author had built up this scenario for quite some time and for it all to be put down to a cliche love triangle wasn't as fulfilling as I'd hoped. It seemed to be totally blown out of proportion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Chance Summer.

10/04 marked as: read