MsRomanticReads's Reviews > Dreams of a Dark Warrior

Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole

Apr 17, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal, suspense

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams of a Dark Warrior.

Quotes MsRomanticReads Liked

Kresley Cole
“When the warden appeared outside their cell, he ogled Regin's bared midriff. Gross. Whenever men leered at her, Regin tended to leer back. She canted her head on the floor, turning it one way, then the other. "I finally understand what a dickie-do is. Your gut does stick out more than your dickie do.”

Kresley Cole
“When his thumb hovered over the red button, she stared at him aghast. “You’re truly going to … torture me?”
He cast her a puzzled look. “Why wouldn’t I torture you?”
Because you used to love me, used to cherish me. “I thought we had a moment yesterday? Didn’t you like seeing me in lingerie?”
In a monotone voice, he said, “Why did the charge throwers have no ill effect on you?”
He’s truly going to do it? Then fuck him. DEFCON. “Chase, I’ve tussled with vibrators stronger than your charge throwers.”
No reaction. “You consumed energy. And channeled it at will. How?”
All Valkyrie consumed it—they were each connected through a grid of mystical energy—but Regin was the only one she knew of who could radiate it through her body. She’d inherited the talent from her birth mother. “So how does one get started as a magister? College or trade school?”
“I don’t have the time or patience for games. Now, tell me, why do you … glow?”
“I touched a radioactive alien cock once.”
He pressed the button.”

Kresley Cole
“Oh my gods, when do you not sport wood? There are bathrooms in the back, so go burp the worm or whatever.--Regin”

Kresley Cole
“I can draw you a diagram. Hint: I'm slot B, and you're tab A.”

Kresley Cole
“Seconds passed, then ... La Dorada skulked into view. She was half-mummified, but sodden. Gooey.

Regin let out a low whistle. "The Mummy Returns meets Dingoes Ate My Face."--

--La Dorada swung her head around, peering at Regin with her one eye. "Okay. That's freaky. Lookit, Gollum, if you spring me, I'll help you find your precious.”