Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)'s Reviews > The Darkest Secret

The Darkest Secret by Gena Showalter

This book was great I didn't, at first, like Haidee and Amun together as a couple, mainly cos I didn't like Haidee but the more I learnt about her the more I liked her. They were great together and I loved seeing more about Amun as before this book you never really know much about him.

I also liked the bits with Paris, William amd Strider, and I really can't wait for Strider and Kaia's book.

And the prank phone call to Maddox, hilarious!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Secret.

Quotes Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) Liked

Gena Showalter
“William: I just had the best idea ever. Let's give Maddox a ring.
Paris: You mean propose to him? To grumpy ole Maddox? Willie, why didn't you tell us you're a masochist, who swung that way? You're so delicate, he'll rip you to shreds the moment you climb into his bed. Plus, he's hitched himself to Ashlyn. You try to lay a move on him, and that sweet thang will rearrange your face.
William: I mean call him, you idiot. What's with you tonight? Permanent brain damage? We'll breath heavily and ask him what he's wearing. I bet no one's phone sexed him before.”
Gena Showalter, The Darkest Secret

April 17, 2011 – Shelved
April 23, 2011 – Started Reading
April 24, 2011 –
28.0% "Ummm, I am liking Zacharel!"
April 24, 2011 –
50.0% "Okay Haidee is growing on me but her and Amun aren't lighting my world on fire. I think I may have series fatigue!"
April 24, 2011 –
77.0% "Why does she always describe nipples as pearls?!"
April 24, 2011 – Shelved as: angels
April 24, 2011 – Shelved as: author-gena-showalter
April 24, 2011 – Shelved as: demons
April 24, 2011 – Shelved as: hero-i-wanna-hug
April 24, 2011 – Shelved as: mythology-gods-and-goddesses
April 24, 2011 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
April 24, 2011 – Finished Reading

Aly is so frigging bored Have you started reading it? If so what do you think?

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) Yep I am about 25% through. I don't really like Haidee that much though, I am hoping that she will grow on me.