Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~'s Reviews > Rough Rider

Rough Rider by Victoria Vane

bookshelves: cowboy

"Rough Rider" is the second book in the Hot Cowboy Night series by author Victoria Vane. The story of Dirk and Janice starts ten years prior when they are in their very early twenties. I would say the first half of the book is the development of our characters. I don't usually like novels that jump years ahead but in this story it was necessary. As a matter of fact while this book can be read as a standalone, I recommend you read the first book in this series, "Slow Hand." In the first book, you will meet Dirk as a bitter, angry, frustrated man. That being said, the first half of Dirk's story told in the past is necessary. Janice always loved Dirk but he was oblivious. It didn't help that he was in a long time relationship with another woman. But as typical, one night changes everything. And while that could have been a good thing, it didn't turn out that way. Now in the present when they meet again, there is wariness and mistrust as well as hope. Dirk had some very legitimate issues he was dealing with but as soon as he admitted to himself what he wanted from life, he became the man I always knew he was meant to be. By the end of this novel, I was so in love with Dirk. I wanted to make him happy and show how good things could be once he learned to trust. He was a man who deserved good things. His character was flawed but his morals were strong and I loved that about him. Janice was good for him, she was always good for him but unfortunately life throws curves, then add misunderstandings to the mix and people have to go their own ways. What makes love worth it is the fact they find each other again. Dirk and Janice were honest and likable characters. Their chemistry was real and believable. Lord, Dirk was so sexy :) This was my second novel by Victoria Vane and I loved it even more than the first.
My Rating...5 Stars!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rough Rider.

April 21, 2016 – Shelved