Lori's Reviews > Inspired by the National Parks: Their Landscapes and Wildlife in Fabric Perspectives

Inspired by the National Parks by Donna Marcinkowski Desoto

This is an incredibly beautiful book. Anyone who loves to quilt or loves visiting our National Parks would get a lot of enjoyment from this book. It is a compilation of photos of actual quilts that were inspired by our 59 National Parks. The quilts depict scenes from the park or wildlife native to that park. The National Parks are listed from A - Z.

Along with the quilts are stories from the park rangers who work in that particular park. The vignettes are personal accounting's of the ranger's feelings and joy that they have from their job, and the beauty that surrounds them.

I can not even imagine the time it took to create the quilts, interview the Rangers and put it all together. I personally have been to many of the National Parks. Reading the stories and seeing the visions that the quilts are, brought me a lot of joy.

This is the link to the publishers site if you are interested in this book:

I received this arc from Netgalley for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inspired by the National Parks.

Started Reading