Leslie's Reviews > FreeDarko Presents: The Undisputed Guide to Pro Basketball History

FreeDarko Presents by Bethlehem Shoals

Apr 17, 2011

Read in April, 2011

I enjoyed it more than Simmons' Book of Basketball but less than Macrophenomenal (maybe because there are not as many neat infographics?). There are still many thoughtful and visually pleasing infographics and prints. The book is on the verge of being too cerebral, but that is its strength that sets it apart from the rest. Many tasty and useful factoids (Popovich has extensive intelligence training which may spill over to his coaching tactics) and bits of philosophical wisdom ("The difference between upright and stubborn: One is portable, while the other carries in it the seed of its own demise.")

The Barkley chapter is genius (but I am biased). "...to those who were fond of lost causes and doomed romance, he held a deeper value than solemn victory."

It will be proudly displayed on the shelf next to Macrophenomenal, and the prints of Barkley and Jordan from the FreeDarko store are waiting for framing and mounting in my living room.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read FreeDarko Presents.