Forrest's Reviews > Omega the Unknown

Omega the Unknown by Jonathan Lethem

811928

liked it

Didn't particularly hate it, didn't love it. Dalrymple's art is, as always, amazing. And I liked Lethem's story. But it lacked any motivation on the part of the characters. Almost as if they were caricatures of something else, but I'm not quite sure what. Part of the distance I felt was due to the formalized prose throughout. Very few people spoke like actual people - some of this was intentional, to show that a person was a robot or alien in disguise, I get that. But there was little to differentiate the dialogue, as a result - no "voices". Still, it wasn't horrible, and Dalrymple's art does much to redeem the book.

And thank goodness for libraries!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Omega the Unknown.

April 20, 2016 – Started Reading
April 20, 2016 – Shelved
April 20, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

ΞιsNιnΞ RΞχ~ΚαrnιFΞχ I couldn't agree more about Dalrymple's artwork, and I enjoyed the Popgun War review as well. It's unfortunate you didn't get more out of Omega the Unknown, but it's an odd book.

message 2: by Forrest (last edited Apr 21, 2016 05:12AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Forrest Eisnein wrote: "I couldn't agree more about Dalrymple's artwork, and I enjoyed the Popgun War review as well. It's unfortunate you didn't get more out of Omega the Unknown, but it's an odd book."

Like I said, it wasnt bad, but could have been a lot better with a few minor tweaks.

Glad you enjoyed the Popgun War review!