Rva Booklover's Reviews > Face of Danger

Face of Danger by Roxanne St. Claire

Apr 17, 2011

bookshelves: hero-hall-of-fame, heroine-hall-of-fame, favorite-couples, all-time-favorites
Recommended to Rva by: sharonaspiller@yahoo.com
Read from April 16 to 17, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** I honestly don't think I can put into words how much I loved Face of Danger. Vivi Angelino takes on a new client, becoming a body double of an Oscar winning actress. The FBI also has stakes in the actress, as she is connected to a suspected sex trade smuggler. Agent Colton Lang is assigned to protect the actress, but ends up with Vivi, instead.

Colton Lang is sublime. Buttoned down to within an inch of his life, ordered and rule driven, we have been getting glimpses of him from the beginning of the series. In Face of Danger, he just explodes out of the gate, grabbing the reader's attention. There is never a doubt about his agenda and his motivation for his need for rules and control is spelled out early on. Vivi sets his world on edge, flaunting his love for order with her risk taking. But he is drawn to her.

Vivi Angelino...what a heroine. I have loved her since Edge of Sight. Confident in her skills, striving to bring her firm to the top of the heap of private investigation/protection agencies. Vivi wants to be the best, and throws herself whole heartedly into the growing of her familiy's business. Vivi has a past, though. Her traumatic experience changed her from a cheerleader/ballet dancer adolescent just coming into the exploration of her sexuality to a tomboy who dressed in baggy clothes, doing her best to hide her feminine side. Learning about her trauma was heartbreaking.

Vivi and Colt together...put on a flame retardant suit to read the love scenes! Consider yourself warned... Jaysus....from the airplane to the bathroom to the wall...I kept expecting the pages to go up in flames! Beyond the omg! sex, these two had a connection and an attraction to each other that read as very real and believable. Instead of Colt giving up his rules or Vivi giving up her need to be herself, they learned to work with each other. Their coming together was not without issues. Both have trust issues, and Colt is scared to take a chance on love. He is totally on board for "no strings" sex, but love? That's a little more than he thinks he can do. Vivi wants the whole package.

This book has lots of twists and turns in the suspense department, some of which I figured out fairly early on, some I didn't see coming until the details were revealed. There is a lot of action throughout, all tightly written to keep the pages turning. Ms. St Claire is a master of this genre, and this is definately one of her best all time efforts.

There is an appearance by Johnny Cristano, of Bullet Catchers fame, at the end. All of the usual suspects are here, and we get a good deal of time with Gabe(please let his book be next!) I am head over heels for this series, can't wait for the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Face of Danger.