Michael's Reviews > Hide

Hide by Lisa Gardner

Apr 17, 2011

bookshelves: five-star-books

'My whole family disappeared... I can't afford to come back from the dead...'

Annabelle Granger has spent her life on the run. For as long as she can remember throughout her childhood years she and her parents experience new places and aliases before they can ever get truelly settled in a place. Now an adult she lives in Boston and with her parents both dead she lives on her own with her dog Bella and is paranoid about safety. Anabelle's now goes by the name of Tanya but little does she know her past is about to catch up with her. She finds out she is believed to have been found dead at an abandoned mental institute site along with five other girls one of the girls found with a locket with her name on it.

Detective D.D. Warren and new to the detective scene Bobby Dodge must try and find out who killed the six young girls. But there investigation becomes complicated when Annabelle comes forward to tell her real identity. It becomes clear that the girl found with the locket was Annabelle's only friend growing up Dori Petracceli. Anabelle had given the locket to her shortly before she left for another location. It also becomes clear that the key to finding the killer is Anabelle herself. With the murders happening over 20 years ago trying to find suspects for Bobby and D.D. becomes difficult. A few characters came to my mind throughout the book but i was totally shocked with who the killer was. Someone i had a hunch about but thought it coudnt be. Someone who after many years has Anabelle in his evil sights.

Lisa Gardner has done it again with another superb crime thriller guarenteed to make you think and to send a chill down your body while your at it. Great character's combined with a wonderful storyline make for a riveting read, one that i arguably think is the best in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hide.

April 17, 2011 – Shelved
December 27, 2011 –
page 310
December 28, 2011 – Shelved as: five-star-books
December 28, 2011 – Finished Reading

Brenda How's it going Michael...are you enjoying it?

Michael nah pretty disappointing actually ...lol joking im loving it. D.D. gets a bigger role and Bobby is now detective. Thats all im saying for now other than you need to get a hold of a copy pronto. :)

Brenda I have a copy Michael:) I just have to get around to reading it!

Michael You wont be disappointed Brenda even though that goes without saying. :D

Brenda Hmmm! I'd be extremely surprised to be disappointed;p

Brenda I think I need to bump this up to the top of my list Michael, with a review like that!

Michael I would definitly advise that Brenda. :)