Kristy Mauna's Reviews > A Conjuring of Light

A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab

"Anoshe brought solace. And hope. And the strength to let go."

I don't have enough words to properly review this beautiful book. I started reading this book in February and didn't finish it until May because I simply did not want it to end. I didn't want to say goodbye to these characters, they mean so much to me. Lila, Kell, Rhy, Alucard, and Holland will forever be in my heart and I'm so sad to be saying goodbye to them!
This was such a beautiful ending to one of my favorite book series, though. Victoria is a gem and one of my favorite authors, goodness gracious - just brilliant this book truly was. Not many endings can make me cry, but I had legit tears rolling down my cheeks while reading those final chapters. Man. . .

"Holland was already broken. It showed, not in the scars, but in the way he spoke, the way he held himself in the face of pain, too well acquainted with its shape and scale."

I just want to mention Holland's beautiful journey real quick.. I actually didn't like him too much in the first two books because I only saw him as an evil character. BUT OMG I FELL SO HARD FOR HIM IN THIS BOOK. I'm going to cry again!! He means so much to me and I'm so happy we got so much of him in ACOL because he was the character I never knew I needed in my life. So, thank you Victoria for creating him and giving his story so much life.

"Love and loss," he said, "are like a ship and the sea. They rise together. The more we love, the more we have to lose. But the only way to avoid loss is to avoid love. And what a sad world that would be."

Everyone was perfect (well sometimes Rhy annoyed me, but still love him).
Ahh, so much amazingness.
Anoshe. <3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Conjuring of Light.

Quotes Kristy Liked

V.E. Schwab
“Love and loss,” he said, “are like a ship and the sea. They rise together. The more we love, the more we have to lose. But the only way to avoid loss is to avoid love. And what a sad world that would be.”

V.E. Schwab
“I have never known what to make of you. Not since the day we met. And it terrifies me. You terrify me. And the idea of you walking away again, vanishing from my life, that terrifies me most of all.”
tags: kell

V.E. Schwab
“Scars are not shameful, not unless you let them be. If you do not wear them, they will wear you.”

V.E. Schwab
“One day you will be old and wrinkled, and I will still love you.”

V.E. Schwab
“Life isn't made of choices, it's made of trades. Some are good, some are bad, but they all have a cost.”

V.E. Schwab
“Magic made everything feel so impermanent, it was easy to forget that some things, once changed, could never be undone. That not everything was either changeable or infinite. Some roads kept going, and others had an end.”

V.E. Schwab
“Death comes for us all," said Holland evenly. "I would simply have mine mean something.”

April 20, 2016 – Shelved
April 20, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
February 26, 2017 – Started Reading
February 26, 2017 –
page 16
2.56% ""It was cowardice, he knew, but cowardice came so much easier than hope." - I've missed Victoria's beautiful writing."
February 26, 2017 –
page 101
16.19% "Intense first 100 pages!!"
March 5, 2017 –
page 127
20.35% ""They're bound together, you see, life to life. Halves of a whole. If anyone tried to part them, they'd both unravel.""
March 27, 2017 –
page 142
22.76% ""Scars are not shameful, not unless you let them be. If you do not wear them, they will wear you.""
page 286
45.83% ""Where does it start, Tieran? With Holland's choice, or with mine?""
page 353
56.57% "I don't know how or when.. But somehow Holland has become my favorite character in this series."
page 384
61.54% ""Some vital part of him had been stripped away. No, not stripped away. Buried." - If this person dies, I will cry so many tears 😭"
May 15, 2017 –
page 467
74.84% "Well that was sad.."
May 24, 2017 – Finished Reading
May 26, 2017 – Shelved as: fantasy
May 26, 2017 – Shelved as: favorite-series
May 26, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
May 26, 2017 – Shelved as: strong-friendships
May 26, 2017 – Shelved as: strong-main-characters
May 26, 2017 – Shelved as: swoon-worthy-romances

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Stefania Same here 😢😢 I don't think I can accept the death of anybody 😨 Well, Emira excluded 😂

Kristy Mauna Stefania wrote: "Same here 😢😢 I don't think I can accept the death of anybody 😨 Well, Emira excluded 😂"

Hahaha she is the worrrrrst 😅