Judy's Reviews > The Captain's Lady

The Captain's Lady by Louise M. Gouge

Apr 16, 2011

The 2nd book in this series.

Jamie's cousin has married Fredrick Moberly. Fredrick runs his father's plantaion in East Florida. Jamie's family is part of the Revolution and he is partnering with Fredrick's father in England. Using his ship to deliver the produce and such from the plantation but also to spy. Lord Bennington is close with the King and any information Jamie can get from him unknowingly will help the Cause.

Jamie fell in love with Marianne Moberly last year but he realizes now there is not hope for their love. She is a Lady in the way the English have their titles, he is considered below her.

Marianne is surprised by the cold shoulder James Templeton is giving her after they had parted last year by declaring their undying love for one another.

Lord B. is very demeaning of his own four sons. He gives all his love and attention to Marianne and he likes Jamie (not enough for him to marry his daughter, not that James would dare ask it of him).

Robert Moberly mostly drinks and carouses his life away. Jamie feels God's leading him to find the right time to share the gospel with Robert.

Another great book in the series. I can't wait to get started on At The Captain's Command. The 3rd book.

I enjoy reading books where I also see the history of our country from a new viewpoint as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Captain's Lady.