Camille Eide's Reviews > The Wood's Edge

The Wood's Edge by Lori Benton

4681913
Apr 18, 2016

Simply put: Breathtaking.

The Woods Edge is full of heart, passion, faith, and fascinating history. I didn't realize when I finally reached for this book on my list of must-reads that the sequel was about to release. Perfect timing, as the saga of Anna, William, Two Hawks, Lydia, Good Voice, Major Aubrey and all the others continues in Flight of Arrows. You can definitely enjoy this story alone, but if you're at all impatient, you have better have the second book on hand when you finish The Woods Edge.

The first thing I noticed about this book (beside the fact that I was gripped HARD from page one) was that I didn't "notice" the writing. And that's good. I had read at least 60 pages before I realized that I hadn't stumbled over writing issues or flaws, which can be a distraction. It's full of delightful turns of phrase and evocative description. Reaching, meeting, or living at the "edge" of things seems to be a motif in this story. Lori Benton is not only a masterful storyteller, but a master word artist, which makes for a thoroughly enjoyable and unforgettable read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wood's Edge.

April 18, 2016 – Started Reading