Rikki's Reviews > A Fashionable Indulgence

A Fashionable Indulgence by K.J. Charles

Apr 18, 2016

bookshelves: fiction, glbt, romance

A real pleasure to read. A plot with way more than just romance, well-meaning relatives that turn out to be mean (and that's putting it mildly), bitch relatives that turn out to be lovely. Political intrigue, gentlemen and their valets, a great romance and none of the usual bugbears, this story has it all.

The romance was quite unusual as there wasn't any UST, yet I rooted for the two guys until the end. There were all sorts of issues to deal with but it all got resolved in a satisfying manner. Not too quickly, not too drawn out - just perfect. I've got to admit that Harry was a bit too careless for my taste, what with going to that shop all the time, giving George his coat (what WAS he thinking?) and simply being too quick to give his opinion where it was appropriate. But then, if he hadn't been that way there wouldn't be a story. Plus, Julius more than made up for this. I absolutely loved him.

Even though I love the concept of the series about the Ricardians, I will skip book 2 as I am not interested in Dominic and Silas, I am afraid. Richard and Cyprian, however, are a future must-read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Fashionable Indulgence.

April 18, 2016 – Shelved