Natalie The Biblioholic's Reviews > Dissident

Dissident by Cecilia London

bookshelves: political, suspense

OH WOW!!

shock

All of the reviews I've read (and thank you GR friends for all the wonderful reviews that helped to prepare me for this saga) DID NOT prepare me for this introduction to the Bellator Saga. I don't think I've read anything like it and it was more than a welcome surprise.

I really liked how the author set me up to experience a roller coaster ride worth of emotions. From one chapter to the next, I didn't know what to expect. It was impossible to predict the direction that the author was going to lead me.

Told in flashbacks, I fell in love with Jack right along with Caroline. It was sweet. It was fun. It was divine .

fangirl

fangirl

I love you Silver Fox!!

And just when I got comfortable in lovey-dovey-land, the rug was pulled right from under me. The suspenseful part of the plot kept slapping me upside my head. Gut-wrenching, heart-pounding suspense. I thought this was an incredibly creative way of flexing one's writing chops. I was constantly on edge, wary of getting too cozy with any scene.

nervous

I am so excited to start Conscience and thankfully I have the boxed set!

XO

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dissident.

April 18, 2016 – Shelved
April 18, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 15, 2016 – Started Reading
August 16, 2016 – Shelved as: political
August 16, 2016 – Shelved as: suspense
August 16, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Awesome review, Natalie! xx

Natalie The Biblioholic Arianna wrote: "Awesome review, Natalie! xx"

Thanks so much sweetie xxoo

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Great review Natalie, I will have to bump it up the list :)

Natalie The Biblioholic Alicia wrote: "Great review Natalie, I will have to bump it up the list :)"

Oh you really should. It is an amazing start to what I can tell will be an awesome series. And thanks ;D

Natalie The Biblioholic Maddie ♥ ┼ wrote: "Absolutely amazing review sweetheart♥"

Thanks so much bella xoxo

message 6: by Ashleyjo (new)

Ashleyjo Oooh, sounds good, girlie! Is the series complete yet?

Natalie The Biblioholic Ashleyjo wrote: "Oooh, sounds good, girlie! Is the series complete yet?"

Nah. There are 6 books and only 4 have been released so far. But 5 is out in September and book 6 will be out by the end of the year. I've just heard so much about the series that I had to see what all the fuss was about. And I have to say that so far this series is freaking incredible!! Well worth starting it before they're all out.

~IreneOust~ Great review, Natalie!! I am so happy you enjoyed!!❤️

Natalie The Biblioholic ~IreneOust~ wrote: "Great review, Natalie!! I am so happy you enjoyed!!❤️"

Thanks Irene! I'm reading Conscience now and I am amazed at how this story has evolved. Thanks so much for making me see this saga. I'm loving it! xoxo

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Great review Natalie, I am getting into it now and I hope I enjoy it as much as you :)

Natalie The Biblioholic Alicia wrote: "Great review Natalie, I am getting into it now and I hope I enjoy it as much as you :)"

Thanks Alicia!! I really hope you do. As a matter of fact, I'm confident you will. Enjoy!! xoxo

message 12: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Awesome review Natalie :)

Natalie The Biblioholic Jessica's wrote: "Awesome review Natalie :)"

Thanks Jessica!! xoxo

message 14: by Jen (new)

Jen This seems to be popular lately. I'll have to give it a try. Great review, hun! ❤️

message 15: by Choko (new)

Choko I had never even heard of this series until I saw yours and one of the reviews you had liked... Now I feel I have to check it out! Great review, Nat!!!

Natalie The Biblioholic Jen wrote: "This seems to be popular lately. I'll have to give it a try. Great review, hun! ❤️"

Thanks Jen! Yes, try it! I'm sure you'll love it too xoxo

Natalie The Biblioholic Choko wrote: "I had never even heard of this series until I saw yours and one of the reviews you had liked... Now I feel I have to check it out! Great review, Nat!!!"

Thanks Choko! I actually heard of the series when the first book was released but was hesitant to start it. I wanted to wait until all of the books were released. But then I read a review of the other books and I couldn't resist! Best book decision I've made in a long while. I encourage you to try it. This series is phenomenal! xoxo

message 18: by Pam (new)

Pam Wonderful review, Natalie :)

Natalie The Biblioholic Pam wrote: "Wonderful review, Natalie :)"

Thank you Pam!! xoxo

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ Great review Natalie ❤️

Natalie The Biblioholic Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ wrote: "Great review Natalie ❤️"

Thanks so much Deanna xoxo

Natalie The Biblioholic Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ wrote: "lovely review Natalie!"

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Excellent review!! :D

Natalie The Biblioholic Eve wrote: "Excellent review!! :D"

Thanks Eve xxoo