Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm's Reviews > A Thorne for a Crown

A Thorne for a Crown by Lorel Clayton

19367448

Someone's butt was getting kicked and her throat almost getting swiped, but Eva Thorne wasn't having any of it. This time, she meant business and she was out there to risk her life. Eva's back and she was recently hired by Baroness Syla to investigate the disappearance of Dwarf King Rutgard. That, and the threat caused by suffragists as they awoke corpses and attack the living. It was zombie apocalypse and there was also some werewolves uprising. Chaos everywhere, and Eva, along with the three men clamoring for her attention, were in for the big surprise of their lives.

And hell's upon her, especially now that the God of Death was back to get her soul.

I enjoyed this second book of the Eva Thorne series. I liked the lead female character better than the first time. I liked how she upheld her new reputation as a Private Investigator, and not just some amateurish sleuth. I still have issues about the men (three, to be exact) who seemed to have captivated her heart. I lost myself within the characters completely, as they whisked me away on an unforgettable journey.

Lorel Clayton's writing is beautiful and and enchanting. Can't help but be mesmerized with the world she created. Can't help but sigh until I get the third book in series. Yay!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Thorne for a Crown.

April 18, 2016 – Started Reading
April 18, 2016 – Shelved
April 24, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Aj the Ravenous Reader And your reviews are always mesmerizing too, Ate Claire. You know just exactly what to say and how to say them perfectly. <3

Pearl Angeli Excited to read this!! <3

Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm Pearl wrote: "Excited to read this!! <3"

Oh yes, I remember you have read the first book in the series right? This one's a little better than the first. hope you enjoy it :)

Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "And your reviews are always mesmerizing too, Ate Claire. You know just exactly what to say and how to say them perfectly. <3"

thanks Aj, you're the mesmerizing one! :)