Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)'s Reviews > Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”

I First read Divergent in 2014. So many people were talking about the movie at the time and I was just getting back into reading books. Once I found out that there was a book, I was determined to read it before seeing the movie.

This book was favorite for such a long time and I still consider it as such. The book was gripping! I remember going to school and coming back home with the book in my hand. Always available in case I found myself bored and needed something to read.

After The Hunger Games this was my second dystopian/sci-fi trilogy. The story kept me up at night and sometimes I even didn’t get enough sleep because I kept thinking about it (my mom yelled at me for that countless of times)

“Becoming fearless isn’t the point. That’s impossible. It’s learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”

When it comes to characters, I really liked Tris. I liked that she was adventurous even though she came from Abnegation (Cant believe I can still remember that name) she was able to come out of that mold and prove that she was different. Four annoyed me just a smidge. The usual mean-mentor character. But I loved him quite a lot later on.

description

The story line was intriguing. I got excited every step of the way. I admit I had a hard time letting go of this book, and once it was over I made sure I got the rest of the trilogy.

|| Blog || Instagram ||

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divergent.

Finished Reading
April 18, 2016 – Shelved
November 16, 2017 – Shelved as: 5-star-reads
December 1, 2017 – Shelved as: young-adult
December 1, 2017 – Shelved as: dystopian-and-sci-fi
May 23, 2018 – Shelved as: reviewed
July 10, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I agree with you Noura!:)

Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura) Amy wrote: "I agree with you Noura!:)"

😊

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Hi Noura are you a fan of Lion King and Beauty and the Beast???

Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura) Amy wrote: "Hi Noura are you a fan of Lion King and Beauty and the Beast???"

Definitely!

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Yayy!!:)

Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura) Amy wrote: "Yayy!!:)"

😄