Paris's Reviews > Stone of Tears

Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind

Apr 15, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: fantasy

The fact that I read this book will just go to show how big of a nerd I really am. I do enjoy my fantasy, in fact the Dragonlance series is one of my favorites, and Terry Goodkind’s Sword of Truth series is pretty decent work of fantasy. I originally picked up the first book, Wizards First Rule, because I had started watching the Legend of the Seeker tv series and I really liked it. There are a lot of differences between the books and the show (I personally like the show better and a lot of that has to do with Cara being given a bigger role), but the first book was pretty good so I decided to keep reading.

Stone of Tears is a little slower than the first book and wasn’t as exciting and interesting for me, but I read the whole thing anyway. I attempted to read the next book in the series, Blood of the Fold, but couldn’t even get past the ¼ mark. Instead I went online and read the spoilers of what happens in each book. I wanted to like these, but Goodkind is very, very, very wordy and after awhile it gets really old. Still love the show though and I hope it stays around for awhile.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stone of Tears.