Karen Mace's Reviews > The Improbability of Love

The Improbability of Love by Hannah Mary Rothschild

bookshelves: 20booksofsummer, paperbacks

After hearing so many good things about this book, I jumped in and got hold of a copy for myself to see what all the fuss was about and I found myself reading through with a grin on my face and that hasn't happened much recently with books I've chosen so thankyou Hannah Rothschild for bringing the fun back into the art of story telling!

The story is a simple one of the life of a missing painting - having the painting itself as one of the POV's was genius and one of my favourite characters! - and the lives of those who come into contact with it one way or another, but the intrigue, mystery, deception, secrets and huge variety of characters involved was why this book worked so well for me on many levels.

An excellent satirical insight into the art world, as you can just imagine the backstabbing and vulgar personalities being involved in something so beautiful as art! My interest in the art world has now been tickled and I'm now genuinely interested in finding out more

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Improbability of Love.

April 16, 2016 – Shelved