Rhonda 's Reviews > The Peach Keeper

The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen

bookshelves: read-in-april-2011

One of the things I loved most about Allen's earlier books was the beautiful magic qualities in them (changing wallpaper, trees that throw apples, books that show up out of nowhere, etc.). This book had touches of that magic, but much of it was mentioned briefly and then never explored. I would have loved to have more of that.

Still, this is a lovely book about friendship and learning to accept yourself. It centers around two women, Willa and Paxton. Paxton lives the life she thinks she is supposed to, while Willa lives a life she thinks she wants. They realize that they are missing quite a lot, and by exploring the past and learning about their grandmothers, they come to terms with who they really are and what they truly want.

Allen continues to be one of my favorite writers! Her books flow so well, the characters are just so wonderfully real. I love the world she creates, and am always a little sad when I turn that last page.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Peach Keeper.

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Melanie I agree with you on this one Rhonda....I really missed that mystical element in this book. But it was a wonderful book and she remains one of my very favorite authors!!! :)