Alexandra's Reviews > Locomotion

Locomotion by Jacqueline Woodson

F 50x66

bookshelves: 40-book-challenge

The poems tell the issues Lonny, the main character. His parents died in a fire and only his sister survived apart from him. His sister has a new mom but she doesn't like him very much. His teacher Ms.Marcus is teaching the students poetry and she teaches Lonnie to write his feelings down. He writes about memories of his family,friends and himself.

This book reminds me of all the memories with my father and adventures we had together before I left to explore the world and meet new people. I think Lonnie is a great big brother and would do anything for his little sister. He cares a lot about his friends and family like when his sister gave him a bible and he read it for her and started believing in god and that he was all around.

I think this is a great book for people who like poems and like reading a story created my many poems. I also think that people who like a bit of sad stories will like this book because there are a few sad events that happen. The book has a big variety of poems all about different topics that Lonnie writes about.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Locomotion.

Finished Reading