Val's Reviews > Inner Harbor

Inner Harbor by Nora Roberts

Update (20/03/2012)

Changed my rating to five because I'm currently re reading the Chesapeake Bay Saga and I enjoyed so much more Inner Harbor this second time. It certainly deserved more than my previous rating.
What's not to love when there's an amazing love story, not only the romantic kind between Phillip and Sybill, but also the kind that it's about family, which is a huge part of this amazing saga. My emotions towards the Quinns are more powerful this time around. I love them more! *sigh* I'm already dreading the moment I'll have to say goodbye, for the time being, once again.

first time reading reaction (29/08/2011)

Inner Harbor, third book in the Chesapeake Bay Saga, continues the story of the Quinn brothers focusing more in the third boy Ray and Stella Quinn adopted: Phillip Quinn.

I’m so glad to say I liked so much more this book that the second one, but Sea Swept (first book) still holds my favorite place.

In the previous books we got some glimpses of how Phillip was but none of those glimpses prepared me for how he’d be in this book. He was such a nice surprise! I really, really liked him! (Cameron still holds the first place in my heart though, haha)
I was curious to know who would be Phillip’s love interest and was pleasantly surprised to get introduced to Sybill Griffin who brought some huge revelations to the story. Never did I expect what Nora had in stored for us and the way this book would turn out. I’m still in awe. Props to Nora!

I wished I could’ve seen more of Cameron and Anna (they’re my favorite couple) but I can’t complain of the little we saw because they actually had me grinning.
I was so happy to see the brothers’ interactions which I felt lacked in the previous book, and also happy to finally see Seth being part of them. (I actually almost cried a few times with their interactions. They were so adorable, so brotherly)

I can’t believe I only have one book left to finish the saga. I’m struggling whether reading it or not because I’m not ready to say goodbye to these characters yet. I’m not ready to see little Seth turned into a grown man. Though I’m excited to know what happened all these years after Inner Harbor finished.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inner Harbor.

Quotes Val Liked

Nora Roberts
“Phillip look into Ray's eyes. He saw compassion and hope. And he saw himself mirrored back, bleeding in a dirty gutter on a street where life was worth less than a dime bag.
Sick, tired, petrified, Phillip dropped his head into his hands.
"What's the point?"
"You're the point, son." Ray ran his hand over Phillip's hair. "You're the point.”

Nora Roberts
“You belong with us," he said quietly. "Nothing's going to change that.”

Nora Roberts
“He matters to me, too."
"I know he does."
"He didn't." Phillip pulled out his hammer to nail the laps. "Not as much as he did to you. Not enough. It's different now."
"I know that, too." For the next few minutes they worked in tandem, without words. "You stood up for him anyway," Cam added when the plank was in place. "Even when he didn't matter enough."
"I did it for Dad."
"We all did it for Dad. Now we're doing it for Seth.”

Nora Roberts
“I don't want to marry her, I just want to have a nice, civilized dinner with her."
"Then bounce on her," Seth finished.
"Christ. He gets that from you," Philip accused Cam.
"He came that way," Cam wrapped an arm around Seth's neck. "Didn't you, brat?"
The panic didn't come now, as it used to whenever Seth was touched or held. Instead he wriggled and grinned.”

Nora Roberts
“My mother said once that we were all hers already. We just hadn't found each other before.”

Nora Roberts
“It wasn't the paramedics or the surgical team that saved my life. It was Ray and Stella Quinn.”

Nora Roberts
“It was different with Seth," Anna went on. "Right from the first minute, everything about him pulled at me. I couldn't stop it. I tried, but I couldn't. I've thought about that, and I believe, sincerely, that my feelings for him were there, just there, even before I met him. We were meant to be part of each other's lives. He was meant to be part of this family, and this family was meant to be mine.”

Nora Roberts
“Flowers, champagne, caviar. Do you usually come so well equipped when you break and enter?"
"Only when I want to apologize and throw myself on the mercy of a beautiful woman.”