Michael Sahd's Reviews > Fight Club

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Chuck Palahniuk is weird. No skirting around that, he just is. But I really like his style. When I first rated this book, I gave it a 4-star rating, but I'm returning to write a review, and I decided to augment that with an additional star.

The unnamed protagonist suffering from insomnia seeks refuge by joining many support groups by impersonating a seriously ill person of that assembly. When he meets Tyler Durden, we eventually discover that our protagonist has been slowly slipping into madness throughout the book.

Palahniuk's big reveal at the end would have surprised me had I not seen the movie first. Still, I feel that Palahniuk's ability to shock his readers executes perfectly in Fight Club.

Looking for something different to read? Give this book a chance. Seen the movie? Great! It was a good movie, but the book is better (even if it doesn't have Brad Pitt).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fight Club.

Finished Reading
April 14, 2011 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Charlie Eskew If you haven't checked it out yet I highly suggest Lullaby, definitely my favorite of Palahniuk story wise.

Michael Sahd I'll have to do that. I read Haunted and it was very strange and a bit grotesque.