Heather K (dentist in my spare time)'s Reviews > Quinn

Quinn by J.C. Cliff

Apr 13, 2016

bookshelves: will-never-ever-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quinn.

April 13, 2016 – Shelved
April 13, 2016 – Shelved as: will-never-ever-read

message 1: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Heather, I think this is the most concise book review I've seen in a while now. I love it.

Wendy Love your pic !!! Awesome ;)

Bev Absolutely brilliant :))

message 5: by Debra (new)

Debra Says it all!

message 6: by MLE (new) - added it

MLE Perfect!

Ab2y (압랄) Ohhh i thought you were the "Bitch" she was talking about damn it, but nice pic/review nonetheless lol.

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) Ab2y wrote: "Ohhh i thought you were the "Bitch" she was talking about damn it, but nice pic/review nonetheless lol."

I'm not, thank GOD! But I've been there.

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Henry That's an awesome picture! Perfectly sums up the situation!

message 10: by Natasha (new) - added it

Natasha hahahah. what lisa said!

message 11: by HJ (new) - added it

HJ Brilliant!

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) I thought it fitting!

message 13: by Thebomb (new)

Thebomb wow this book has soo many bad ratings and removed reviews..i'm glad i got the picture though..very clear

message 14: by Susana (new) - added it

Susana Ah! lol
Goodreads keeps removing reviews and we keep liking the new ones: honestly, its like they don't know us at all! ;)

message 15: by Thebomb (new)

Thebomb :P

Kathleen LMFAO!!! LOVE IT!!!

Ang (Sizzling Pages) Lmao! perfect!!

Erika Perfection.

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) Erika wrote: "Perfection."

When a picture says 1,000 words...

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) Oh lord...

"J.C. updated the book Quinn (Undaunted Men, #1) by J.C. Cliff
description: '' to 'PLEASE NOTE - EVERY SINGLE 1-STAR REVIEW ARE FROM PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE BETTER HUMAN BEINGS THAN ME - I feel sorry for them all. Fearless and determined, Quinn is the perfect man for the job the Moretti mob has in mind: track down missing mafia princess, Alexis Moretti, and bring her home. What starts out as a simple task to repay an old debt turns into so much more than he bargained for... And so does she. As Quinn and Lexi grow close, she becomes more than just his mission. But Lexi and Quinn are both keeping secrets--secrets that could destroy their blossoming romance just as quickly as it ignited. When Lexi's past catches up with them, secrets and lies will be revealed, and the ultimate test of forgiveness will be upon them both.' (undo) "

message 22: by MLE (new) - added it

MLE Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Oh lord...

"J.C. updated the book Quinn (Undaunted Men, #1) by J.C. Cliff

Wow, just wow. Someone just keeps digging that hole deeper.

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) MLE wrote: "Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Oh lord...

"J.C. updated the book Quinn (Undaunted Men, #1) by J.C. Cliff

She just can't step away!

message 24: by Jenni Lea (new) - added it

Jenni Lea Also, if you go to her author page you will see that she followed herself. *facepalm*

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) Jenni Lea wrote: "Also, if you go to her author page you will see that she followed herself. *facepalm*"

Wha??

message 26: by SheReadsALot (last edited Apr 14, 2016 07:45PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

SheReadsALot Did you read her crappy apology?

How is she sympathetic with the new blurb change?

message 27: by Gigi (last edited Apr 14, 2016 07:57PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Gigi This has gotten SO out of hand. Girl needs someone to hold her hand and keep her offline for a few days. Kinda like when LeAnne Rhimes went to Twitter rehab? Is there a GR rehab?

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) Gigi wrote: "This has gotten SO out of hand. Girl needs someone to hold her hand and keep her offline for a few days. Kinda like when LeAnne Rhimes went to Twitter rehab? Is there a GR rehab?"

I don't care WHAT her excuses are at this point. Myself, and MOST other readers, won't read a book where there is a chance at an author attacking us! It just will never happen. I have a private "no-read list" and it gets bigger every single day.

message 29: by Alice (last edited Apr 14, 2016 10:19PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Alice Her "apology" is appalling! She says that she thought she was suppose to be contacted before a review below 3 stars is posted! wtf?!

And she still believes that the reviewer was malicious, demeaning, and full of derision. Why cant she understand that reviewers can say what they want about her book and it is not a personal attack on her as persons.

message 30: by Francesca (last edited Apr 15, 2016 03:51AM) (new)

Francesca Jenni Lea wrote: "Also, if you go to her author page you will see that she followed herself. *facepalm*"

I saw that!

message 31: by Francesca (last edited Apr 15, 2016 03:46AM) (new)

Francesca Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Oh lord...

"J.C. updated the book Quinn (Undaunted Men, #1) by J.C. Cliff

Jesus, it's just embarrassing.

message 32: by Francesca (new)

Francesca That apology is also the lamest thing I've ever read. At no point does she actually say sorry, she just tries to play the victim.

message 33: by Elfina (last edited Apr 15, 2016 04:53AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Elfina Renee No matter what contents she meant ("I did not call this particular blogger a bitch. I said "flag that bitch" - it's a colloquial term - as in "flag that review" - and it was in NO way shape or form meant to demean that particular blogger") from where I'm sitting she did in fact call that reviewer a name and belittle and demean her. I've read and reread that apology the author wrote a few times, the name is still crystal clear. Take ownership for the bad behavior, admit you were wrong and the reviewers will move on.
 photo OPEN-MOUTH-INSERT-FOOT.jpg

message 34: by MLE (new) - added it

MLE Alice wrote: "Her "apology" is appalling! She says that she thought she was suppose to be contacted before a review below 3 stars is posted! wtf?!

And she still believes that the reviewer was malicious, demean..."

*headdesk*

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) Her apology was very offensive, and her excuses are paper thin. Disgusting.

message 36: by Kathleen (new) - added it

Kathleen Best.Review.Ever

And agree that her "apology" was nothing of the sort.

message 37: by Josy (new) - added it

Josy I agree that her "apology" wasn't an apology at all. I think she only made the situation worse for herself. The rating is down to 2.34 (60% 1-star). She really should have known better.

message 38: by Meep (new)

Meep So someone contacted her privately including personal information and she chose to post it publicly? That feels wrong to me.

message 39: by Josy (new) - added it

Josy Meep wrote: "So someone contacted her privately including personal information and she chose to post it publicly? That feels wrong to me."

Yeah. She used that PM to make herself look better instead of owning up to her mistake. Like I said, she only made it worse IMHO.

message 40: by Meep (new)

Meep Josy wrote: "Meep wrote: "So someone contacted her privately including personal information and she chose to post it publicly? That feels wrong to me."

Yeah. She used that PM to make herself look better instea..."

Look at me being caring over this woman's problems *shudder* awful.
Whole thing is so stupid, it wasn't even a review that would stop people reading, but this...

message 41: by Francesca (new)

Francesca Josy wrote: "Meep wrote: "So someone contacted her privately including personal information and she chose to post it publicly? That feels wrong to me."

Yeah. She used that PM to make herself look better instea..."

message 42: by Josy (new) - added it

Josy My thoughts exactly. The review wouldn't have discouraged people from reading her book at all but now Lana's review has 1,067 likes and will always be at the top of reviews (provided GR doesn't delete this one, too) so... Readers and bloggers won't forget about this and they shouldn't either.

message 43: by Josy (new) - added it

Josy Francesca wrote: "I could drop in a little conspiracy theory here and say that she wrote that message from the other reader herself. I may be wrong but, after seeing how petty she is, I wouldn't necessarily put it past her."

Could be. But either way, wrong is wrong and it doesn't make her look better.

message 44: by Francesca (new)

Francesca I know, she's just trying to climb out of the grave she's dug for herself and it's not working. Lana's review would only have discouraged people that already didn't like the same things that she doesn't like and she explicitly stated that she thought other people should still read it because they might like it. Attacking her for that review was ridiculous and she's just ended up making matters worse for herself. Now, even people that would've read it and might've enjoyed it are deliberately boycotting it and it's as a result of the authors shitty behaviour and not Lana's 'negative' review.

message 45: by Josy (new) - added it

Josy Francesca wrote: "I know, she's just trying to climb out of the grave she's dug for herself and it's not working. Lana's review would only have discouraged people that already didn't like the same things that she do..."

Yup. I know I won't ever read something she has written or will write in the future. Lana's review was nothing but honest and like you said, she pointed out that other readers might like it while explaining the reasons why she didn't like it. She was stating her opinion without attacking the author in any way.

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) I'm not even GR friends with Lana and I probably wouldn't have even noticed that review! That is what happens when authors draw attention to themselves in a bad way.

message 47: by Meep (new)

Meep Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "I'm not even GR friends with Lana and I probably wouldn't have even noticed that review! That is what happens when authors draw attention to themselves in a bad way."

Exactly, it's not a book I'd read anyway but this means instead of smiling at the review and forgetting both it and the book, now everyone is aware and thinking negatively.

message 48: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen I read her so called apology and took it as a big long blurb about how wonderful she is. Thank god she told me because otherwise, I would have never noticed.

Also I'm totally on board with that conspiracy theory, I mean really there's coincidence and then there's WTF? Seriously how convenient was it that she had this person who just happened to read one of her books for the first time and it just happened to be this book and she just happened to be such a lovely person that she took time from caring for her cancer ridden husband to e-mail J.C. Cliff, who would never talk shit about anybody even if she had a mouthful so that she could clarify this horrible misunderstanding. Seriously? I can't even say I was born at night just not last night. I was born in the middle of the day and dear Ms. Cliff the sun is shining bright and clear on your pile of crap. So either it's you posting all those wonderful little comments that are less than nice and egging on your fans to be nasty or you need to track down the person who's running around posing as you and doing this. I vote stop the insanity and step away from the computer. You've effectively put a stop to whatever hope you might have had for a successful writing career as it is now and just to be clear my opinions pretty much objective here because I'm not friends with either the author or the reviewer that she wants us to believe she didn't trash talk about, it's based on the things I've seen posted such as Lana's review and the screenshots of things posted by the author.

message 49: by Josy (new) - added it

Josy Karen wrote: "I read her so called apology and took it as a big long blurb about how wonderful she is. Thank god she told me because otherwise, I would have never noticed.

Also I'm totally on board with that c..."

High five, Karen, and thumbs up and hats off :)

SheReadsALot Karen wrote: "I read her so called apology and took it as a big long blurb about how wonderful she is. Thank god she told me because otherwise, I would have never noticed.

Also I'm totally on board with that c..."

^^^so much this. ;)