Christian's Reviews > The Last Templar

The Last Templar by Raymond Khoury

Apr 14, 2011

liked it

The Last Templar was an alright book. It was very intruiging and action-packed, but I thought it lacked certain wrting techniques that really attaches a reader to a book. Had it not been so action-packed, I would have rated this book 1 star. To me, Raymond Khoury seems like an author that knows how to write an action book, but when it comes to writing about relationships and feelings and emotions of characters, he just doesn't get the job done. In The Last Templar, Agent O'Reilly has to deal with many emotional problems, and I was left with many unanswered questions. His father died when he was a little boy, which was shown in the beginnning of the book, and Raymond Khoury writes how this greatly affects Officer O'Reilly in his day-to-day activities. However, Raymond only writes about this in detail once in the book, and he doesn't even do a good job of it. I was left with more questions than answers. Even though the book is mediocre in the fact that there were a lot of unanswered questions, the action in the book is awesome. The book is action-packed from beginning to end, and it makes the book readable. There are also flashbacks to Templar Knights in the 1200's throughout the book, and it makes the book interesting for people who like to read about history. The action and history were good in this book, but it all led up to the worst ending of a book in writing history. Some might disagree with me on this, but the endin of the book was horrific. Again, I was left with more questions than answers. I wish Raymond would write a sequel just so I could find out what happened. Now a lot of people would rate this bok 5 stars, but it lacked ceratin writing techniques that attaches a reader to a book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Templar.