Sandra's Reviews > Chosen

Chosen by Jeanne C. Stein

Apr 14, 2011

bookshelves: own, pnr-uf, vampires, jeanne-c-stein

Anna has been a vampire for nearly a year. She still doesn't want to be one but knows there is no going back. She clings to her humanity as hard as she can, despite having some good friends who are shapeshifters, Culebra and Daniel Frey.

Anna has a new power, detecting pure evil, and is having trouble when she comes across anything really evil. Whether human or other, makes no difference, so is grateful when Lance offers to take her to his mountain getaway for a break. Unfortunately, Underwood, Lance's sire is there and he is evil personified. He is also friends with Warren Williams, Anna's old friend, now frenemy, and this turns out to be a really bad thing.

Ever since she was turned she has been told she is special, the Chosen One. She ignores all such comments, hoping for it all to just go away. Anna has no clue what the Chosen One is, let alone what it does. Daniel, being a Keeper of the Supernatural Knowledge, researches & makes her listen, right before the anniversary of her becoming. Just in time for the ceremony.

I never liked Lance as he just seemed too weak for Anna. And I'm not sure I believe in the villainess Judith Williams as she's too new and goes from not knowing how to feed, to orchestrating vamp politics in a matter of days.

However, I do like this series and am intrigued as to where it is going.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chosen.

April 14, 2011 – Shelved