Katerina's Reviews > Crystal Crowned

Crystal Crowned by Elise Kova
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
5014021
's review

it was amazing
bookshelves: arc, fantasy, favorites

“This is but a night. The sun will rise again, and I stand with the dawn.”

I don't want to write this review. Because when it's done, when I press Save, a huge and important chapter of my life will be over. I am one of those readers who get emotional pretty frequently, but the feelings this series have evoked are more powerful than a storm. Not all of them were pleasant, but they were real, and devastating, and I wouldn't trade them with anything in this world.



I won't talk about the plot that much, because Crystal Crowned hasn't been published yet and I don't want to spoil anything, but I can tell you one thing; this book is dark. It's ugly, bloody, messy and bleak, and you're constanlty drowning in despair and hopelessness. The Evil our heroes are trying to defeat is cunning, unhallowed and can corrupt anything, even the purest heart. But there are moments of beauty and wonder in this chaotic and desolate world, and they're enough. Enough to preserve the dream of peace and freedom.
“She would write their requiem in blood.”

I experienced every horror Vhalla faced like I was standing next to her, soaked in blood and trembling with terror. I was always afraid, always holding my breath and trying to steady my nerves, trying to convince myself that everything would be ok in the end. That my suffering would be worth it. I spent a great amount of time being angry at Vhalla, even disappointed, because when I finally accepted her and loved her in Water's Wrath, in Crystal Crowned I witnessed a more savage and greedy side of hers that made me edgy. But at the same time I admired her, because she came a long, long way and her mistakes and flaws made her the only person that could defy and defeat the Evil she unleashed.
“I messed up so badly. I didn't love some friends enough. Sometimes I focused on myself more than others. But if I hadn't made those mistakes, I wouldn't be strong enough to look to the future now and not be afraid.”

I cared for secondary characters like they were my own friends, Elecia has become an all-time favorite and Jax is so flawed and tarnished and mad with grief that my heart ached for him.
The heart that belongs to Aldrik C. Solaris. The beautiful, stubborn, damaged Fire Lord whose development was astonishing. From now on, every time I'll read YA fantasy I will compare the male characters to him, and no one will live up to his imperfect perfection.

“They had done it. In spite of it all, they had found each other.”

I love these people, they're scored on my soul and I owe everything to you, Elise Kova. Every heartbreak, every tear, every smile, they belong to you. Thank you for making a lonely girl from a small greek island dream and hope, for making her believe in magic and miracles and keeping her company when she needed it the most.
Long live Solaris!



*ARC generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

**You can order Crystal Crowned here:

166 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crystal Crowned.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

April 13, 2016 – Shelved
April 13, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
May 27, 2016 – Started Reading
May 27, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
May 29, 2016 – Shelved as: fantasy
May 29, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites
May 29, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Alexandra me too! :)


Katerina Alexandra wrote: "me too! :)"

I know we will love it and I hope we won't have to find the pieces of our broken hearts in the process!I'm so happy for you!! <3


Shaveta Wow Katerina great news! I'm excited for this book too, looking forward to a great review from you :)


Katerina Shaveta wrote: "Wow Katerina great news! I'm excited for this book too, looking forward to a great review from you :)"

Aww thank you sweetheart!! <3 Hope it won't hurt me (that much :P ) <3


Mathu Now I'm super excited for this book:)))can't wait to read your full review:)))


message 6: by Mara (last edited May 29, 2016 08:02PM) (new) - added it

Mara Omg. I'm currently reading Water's Wrath and I am SO excited for Crystal Crowned! I didn't expect to fall in love with this series so much. T_T Looking forward to your review! <3


Katerina Mara wrote: "Omg. I'm currently reading Water's Wrath and I am SO excited for Crystal Crowned! I didn't expect to fall in love with this series so much. T_T Looki forward to your review! <3"

Aw thank you Mara!! :) Water's Wrath is such a great book,I loved it to pieces!Crystal Crowned will cause you a whirlwind of incredibly powerful emotions!This series is perfection! <3

Mathu wrote: "Now I'm super excited for this book:)))can't wait to read your full review:)))"

It was everything you could ask for!!And it almost gave me a heart attack!!You'll love it!! ;)


message 8: by Candace (new)

Candace Great review, Katerina! :)


message 9: by anjuli (new) - added it

anjuli I'm going to start next week. I can't wait to read it. Received mine too.


Aj the Ravenous Reader Awwwww. <3


Katerina Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Awwwww. <3"

Oh how I've missed you my friend!! <3

anjuli wrote: "I'm going to start next week. I can't wait to read it. Received mine too."

Aww congratulations Anjuli!!Hope you'll enjoy it!!xD

Candace wrote: "Great review, Katerina! :)"

Thank you Candace!!^^


message 12: by Riya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riya Kite OHMYGAWD!!!!!!
Yu lucky lucky gurl!!!!!
Is it as good as anticipated? ???????
Cannot believe it!!!!!!



Katerina Riya wrote: "OHMYGAWD!!!!!!
Yu lucky lucky gurl!!!!!
Is it as good as anticipated? ???????
Cannot believe it!!!!!!
"


IT.IS.PERFECT!! The only problem is that you're constantly afraid and it might give you a heart condition! :P <3


message 14: by Riya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riya Kite Katerina wrote: "Riya wrote: "OHMYGAWD!!!!!!
Yu lucky lucky gurl!!!!!
Is it as good as anticipated? ???????
Cannot believe it!!!!!!
"

IT.IS.PERFECT!! The only problem is that you're constantly afraid and it might ..."

*screams*
I will take all the heart conditions out there if only to grt my hands on this beau


Katerina Riya wrote: "Katerina wrote: "Riya wrote: "OHMYGAWD!!!!!!
Yu lucky lucky gurl!!!!!
Is it as good as anticipated? ???????
Cannot believe it!!!!!!
"

IT.IS.PERFECT!! The only problem is that you're constantly afr..."


Well at least you have time to prepare yourself (it will be futile but a girl can dream :P ) It's worth the wait I promise!!


Katerina Cait • A Page With A View wrote: "I just started this and am SO glad you liked it!!!"

Hope you'll like it as well!! ;D


message 17: by Hollis (new)

Hollis been eyeing this series for a while now and while I won't be reading this review (to avoid spoilers) I may have to shift this one up the TBR! seeing a lot of good things.


Katerina Hollis wrote: "been eyeing this series for a while now and while I won't be reading this review (to avoid spoilers) I may have to shift this one up the TBR! seeing a lot of good things."

It's my favorite YA fantasy series, I highly recommend it! I'm sure you'll love it!! ;D


Katerina Ana {The Good Gif Fairy} wrote: "Fab review sweets!"

Thank you dear!!^^


Irena BookDustMagic Great review, Katerina! I think I'll give this series a try. Seems loved by so many people, and your review helps too! :)


Katerina Irena wrote: "Great review, Katerina! I think I'll give this series a try. Seems loved by so many people, and your review helps too! :)"

Thank you Irena! <3 I vouch for this series, it's one of my all time favorites! It;s pure magic!! :)


Hetal I'm not ready but so ready at the same time! It sounds like my heart won't be able to handle it!! Ahhh!!!


Katerina Hetal wrote: "I'm not ready but so ready at the same time! It sounds like my heart won't be able to handle it!! Ahhh!!!"

That's exactly how I felt, I wanted to read it really badly but at the same time I didn't want this series to end!! Prepare for a tornado of feelings!! ;)


message 24: by Alexxy (new) - added it

Alexxy Great review, Katerina! You convinced me to start this series soon!


Katerina Alexxy wrote: "Great review, Katerina! You convinced me to start this series soon!"

Aww thank you Alexxy!! <3 Hope you'll love it as much as I did!! :D


Shaveta Great review Katerina! I just finished Crystal Crowned...and Elise Kova thrashed my heart around until finally there was peace. And well deserved happiness. :) Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Now can we have the Alchemists of Loom in our hands, like right now? ^.^ :D


Katerina Shaveta wrote: "Great review Katerina! I just finished Crystal Crowned...and Elise Kova thrashed my heart around until finally there was peace. And well deserved happiness. :) Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Now c..."


Thank you honey!! <3 I loved the ending but oh my God the pain we went through was unbearable! My Aldrik was so perfect and patient and sweet <3 <3 Lol now we have to wait for MONTHS!!Why oh why Elise do you do this to us???


Elanur This review is everything...I have just started reading the book. And i know i will be wreck when I am finished with it.

God I am glad that I saw your review on "Air awakens" because it was your review that truly motivated me to start this series. Thank you Katerina !!!!


Katerina Ela wrote: "This review is everything...I have just started reading the book. And i know i will be wreck when I am finished with it.

God I am glad that I saw your review on "Air awakens" because it was your ..."


Aww this makes me so, so happy Ela!! :') <3 Thank you so much for trusting my judgement and giving this wonderful series a try!! <3


nocturnal reader I have a question, is this the last book?


Katerina nocturnal reader wrote: "I have a question, is this the last book?"

Elise Kova announced that she will continue this series, but I don't know any details!


message 32: by anjuli (last edited Oct 23, 2017 04:56AM) (new) - added it

anjuli Katerina wrote: "Elise Kova announced that she will continue this series, but I don't know any details! "

The continuation of this series is set in future - post war with the next generation so to speak. It is not In Vhalla's POV. I don't want to give out any other details in case anyone has not read Crystal Crowned & the epilogue.


message 33: by Jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jess Maree I've been following your reviews for a while and that is what led me to read this series.. But I am so scared to read this last book!! They have all gone through so much and I don't think I can handle reading them to through much else... Let alone a sad ending!


Alexandra Jess wrote: "I've been following your reviews for a while and that is what led me to read this series.. But I am so scared to read this last book!! They have all gone through so much and I don't think I can han..."

It's bittersweet at best. I love the series too and I have also read the new spin-off series Elise Kova announced. ;)


back to top