Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls's Reviews > The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away by A.J. Pine

bookshelves: to-review-for-netgalley, arcs, blogged

This is honestly one of those books that had me ready to pull my hair out because of the constant miscommunications and/or lack of any communication at all between Brynn and Jamie. They have been lifelong best friends who once kissed but never took it further. Even though they are both harboring more than friendly feelings for each other. Unfortunately they are both too focused on the what-if's of their past that they never look at what could be their future.

I think my favorite part of the story is Jamie's brewery and the way he and Brynn connect through the love of craft beer. Actually, I think that Jamie was my favorite part of the story period. Even when he was being an idiot, he was doing so with good intentions.

Like I said, this story was frustrating but it was also such a good friends to lovers romance that I couldn't help falling in love with Jamie and Brynn anyways. If you can get past the communication issues, you should definitely give this light-hearted sweet romance a chance.

*I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The One That Got Away.

April 12, 2016 – Started Reading