Delaney Diamond's Reviews > Not For Sale

Apr 13, 2011

bookshelves: hp-romance, contemporary-romance
I own a copy

Okay, wow!

Sandra Marton is one of those HP authors I absolutely love reading, but I think she outdid herself this time. If it weren't for needing something to eat, I would have read it all the way through without stopping.

There's a heart-wrenching back story for the main characters which dictates how they behave toward each other. Both come from humble beginnings (Lucas's was dirt poor in Brazil) and have worked hard to improve their lives. Lucas, now stinking rich, has done a much better job than Caroline.

Right from the start, they're strongly attracted to each other and sleep together, but there's a horrible misunderstanding--Lucas ends up thinking Caroline is a prostitute, and he doesn't like it one bit.

This isn't one of those misunderstandings that can be cleared up with a simple conversation. They actually come close a couple of times, but the misunderstanding is so deeply ingrained, neither one comprehends what the other is saying. I can't even begin to explain the scene where he thought he had to pay to keep her. Ugh. My eyes were glued to the page. The pain they both felt was almost tangible.

I won't say any more except that as the story unfolds, we really get to see the two of them draw closer and fall in love. That was really sweet. There are some comical scenes with the cat (who hates Lucas at first and as all cats do, tries to take over his house), or like when Lucas forgets to pick up the cat litter in the store and had to go back. LOL. That was funny.

This is such a sweet, sensual love story! Once you start reading, you won't be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not For Sale.

06/07 marked as: read