SamT's Reviews > The Girl Who Played with Fire

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

U 50x66

I plodded along through the first third of the book wondering where the story was going as the author introduced new characters and re-introduced some of the old characters from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
Then, boom, two of the new characters and one from the previous book are murdered and Lisbeth Salander (The Girl) is the prime suspect.
It's a page turner from there on out with frequent twists and turns and unexpected events as her friends and the police try to find her to determine her guilt or innocence and her enemies attempt to eliminate her.
During the search for Lisbeth the lead police investigator questions her sometimes girlfriend, Mariam Wu. "The psychiatric evaluation that was done when Salander was eighteen concludes that she is mentally retarded."
"Nonsense. Lisbeth is probably smarter than anyone I know," says Wu. "Sometimes she sits and scribbles mathematical formulas. Pure algebra. I have no clue about that sort of math."
"Has she ever been violent towards you?"
"No, I'm usually the dominant one in our games." Mariam Wu smiled sweetly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Played with Fire.

Finished Reading