Jazzy Mireles's Reviews > How to Love

Jasmine Mireles
English 2
How to Love Book Review
By Gordon Livingston

This book is about a list of virtues a human being uses when hunting for a mate this includes, beauty, courage, flexibility, honesty, humor, intelligence, kindness, loyalty, optimism and tolerance.
Livingston, a psychiatrist gives advice on how to improve these qualities in ourselves in order to attract someone who we can happily spend our lives with. He also lists the personalities and how to recognize them that we should avoid. The most important piece of advice he says is “ appearances can be deceptive so look below the surface regardless of how attractive or unattractive it may be.” This book is focusing on helping us recognize in ourselves and in other constellations of character traits.
One plot in the book was Livingston referring to trying and trying with someone whether it being a relationship, friendship or family and it never working out you both just don't click well, he said it may be a major character flaw in one of the people. Which means that there is nothing you can do about it, every self help book you read , everything you try is not going to work.
His advice in this i think should be a must read for every teen, any person who is considering dating or is dating someone and even divorced people, I think this book can save relationships. I would definitely recommend this to others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Love.

Finished Reading