Caty's Reviews > Naked Edge

Naked Edge by Pamela Clare

Lately, I've been fortunate enough to find some amazing books, but this is by much my favorite read of the year so far.

What an amazing story!

As many of you guys know I'm Colombian, so I don't really know much (more like nothing) about the American Indian culture, so for me, the ceremonies, beliefs and way of life described in this story were all pretty much new, and one of my favorite aspects of the book.

Kat is probably one of the most likable heroines I’ve ever read. After so many jaded, cynical and sarcastic women out there, her innocence and pureness were so welcome. She’s strong, intelligent and in her own way funny. She’s also optimistic and caring, always looking for the best in people, and even when her Navajo family rejected her for being half white, she keeps trying to preserve her culture’s roots while living in the modern world, and tries to make a difference for her people in her work as an investigative journalist.

On the other hand, Gabe is pretty much broken. After a truly horrible experience he’s given up on people, love and hope. His work as a forest ranger is his life, an opportunity to live in the mountains he loves and practice the sports he’s so good at, but that’s all. The way he’s been carrying his life leaves him feeling empty, but he has no desire to let anyone into his heart ever again.

I don’t know what exactly made me love so much this story… the characters, for sure, their chemistry and the perfect way they balanced each other. The romance and the natural way it evolved, even when neither Kat nor Gabe wanted to fall for each other. The fantastic, clever and sexy dialogues and the funny moments between this two amazing characters. The action, the investigation process… I really don’t know, maybe it was just the way this book made me feel. It got me involved, thinking about what could happen, how in the world could Kat and Gabe possibly find their happily ever after. It got me crying, it got me laughing and sighing, and it left me with a smile when it was over.

An all time favorite for sure, one of those books I’ll be re-reading every time I have the chance to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked Edge.

Started Reading
April 13, 2011 – Shelved as: sexual-tension-overdose
April 13, 2011 – Shelved as: to-read-and-re-read
April 13, 2011 – Shelved as: tortured-hero
April 26, 2011 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Paula Bee Quien es el protagonista?

Paula Bee Kat!! oh creí q el Kat ya lo habías leído hace un tiempo :(

Caty La protagonista es Kate, la chica nativa que reemplazo a Kara en el I team :)

message 4: by new_user (new)

new_user Oh, I didn't realize there would be an NA heroine. Sounds great!

MelissaB new_user wrote: "Oh, I didn't realize there would be an NA heroine. Sounds great!"

new user,

Pamela has reported on the Navaho tribe and has friends who are Dine. She consulted with them to make Kat as realistic as possible, which I think is really interesting to read about.

Great review Caty!

message 6: by new_user (new)

new_user Ooooh, that's awesome! Even better!

Caty I really want to hear your thoughts about it NU,I think you'll end up liking it too :)

MelissaB, I didn't know that. No wonder the cultural aspect of the book felt so real.

MelissaB She has written about it in her blog:

Shannon C. I love this series also and agree she did a great job on the research.

It's become my fav romantic suspense series. Can't wait for the upcoming release!

message 10: by Caty (new) - rated it 5 stars

Caty Mine too Shannon!
Actually, I'm not so big on romantic suspense, but I'm finding my love for it lately. Do you have any suggestions? :)