Fleur (FranklyBooks)'s Reviews > These Broken Stars

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman

bookshelves: read-in-2016

Help! How do I describe the magnificence of this book without leaving to go and read it again. This book, was amazing. Down to the cover, to the insanely good story telling. The characters were such babes (okay, that may seem a little bit weird. Excuse my language) and it was impressive how they captured our interest even though there were only two of them. They were so developed I'm almost forgot that this was a work of fiction (but how cool would this be if it was real life? cool but really, really scary tbh).

Visit my blog Frankly Books because why not?

The thing I enjoyed the most was the similarity in the way that both of the main characters think. They're utterly in sync, they know what the other is thinking (most of the time in Tarver's case, Lilac is a very good liar) but they don't let each other know that. But they know that the other knows. Agh it's just so brilliant.

Feel free to comment (please comment) if you want as well. Frankly Books!

Amie and Meagan also do an excellent job at showing how similar two different people of entirely different societal statuses can think, and understand each other. The characters have been excellently developed. I don't even really have any thing else to say, it's really just amazing amazing character development.

(view spoiler)

The only thing that I really had a problem with is the fact that the story dragged on a bit. There was a lot of the same stuff that happened over and over again - bitching, eating, being cold and sleeping - but you don't notice it too much when the actual story is happening.

I know I've already mentioned this twice, but um Frankly Books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Broken Stars.

April 10, 2016 – Started Reading