Laurel's Reviews > Anne's House of Dreams

Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne's House of Dreams.

Quotes Laurel Liked

L.M. Montgomery
“I'd like to add some beauty to life," said Anne dreamily. "I don't exactly want to make people KNOW more... though I know that IS the noblest ambition... but I'd love to make them have a pleasanter time because of me... to have some little joy or happy thought that would never have existed if I hadn't been born.”

L.M. Montgomery
“Thank goodness, we can choose our friends. We have to take our relatives as they are, and be thankful…”

L.M. Montgomery
“Even when I'm alone I have real good company — dreams and imaginations and pretendings. I like to be alone now and then, just to think over things and taste them. But I love friendships — and nice, jolly little times with people.”

L.M. Montgomery
“Isn't it terrible the way some unworthy folks are loved, while others that deserve it far more, you'd think, never get much affection?”

L.M. Montgomery
“All in all, it was a never-to-be-forgotten summer — one of those summers which come seldom into any life, but leave a rich heritage of beautiful memories in their going — one of those summers which, in a fortunate combination of delightful weather, delightful friends and delightful doing, come as near to perfection as anything can come in this world.”