Rebecca Barber's Reviews > Declare

Declare by Michelle Irwin

This is the 4th book in thhe Declan Reede series and the whole time, I've found myself holding my breath hoping he can get his shit together and become the man you know is hiding under the surface. The man that for a long while, even Declan seemed to be afraid of.

With an engagement ring on Alyssa's finger and the imminent move of the love of his life and their daughter Phoebe into his Sydney home, normal day to day life becomes a challenge Declan has never known. How will this previously notorious playboy cope with being a grease monkey all day, juggling bills and coming home to a family with commitments all the time planning a wedding and trying to avoid trouble with the dream of possibly one day, driving a V8 again.

Book 4 is everything I needed the final of the series to be - it tied up all the loose ends, characters who needed to get what was coming to them, got exactly that, old grievances were pushed aside, new friendships were formed and painful, reluctant goodbyes were made.

The one thing that became evident in 'Declare' for me, was how much author Michelle Irwin, really did love Declan Reede - despite all the mistakes he'd made, deep down, she knew she had to show us that he really was a good guy who just wanted to be loved.

I'm sad to see him go, but in the end, Declan got what he deserved - the woman he always wanted!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Declare.

April 9, 2016 – Shelved