Kate F's Reviews > The Reluctant Mullah

The Reluctant Mullah by Sagheer Afzal

3197848
Apr 12, 2011

liked it

This really merits a 3.5 star rating but I can't get the .5 star so 3 it is. I bought this book last Saturday when I was approached by the author in Waterstone's Birmingham - it is not a book I would ordinarily have looked at because I tend to go for non-fiction or 19th century literature by preference but I'm glad I did because I enjoyed it ! It is funny but sad and gives a little insight into the world of arranged marriages without clobbering the reader over the head. Whilst there were too many "effs & jeffs" for my liking I am not too much of a prude to be put off. I found it a page turner and would have finished sooner but work & study got in the way - and would recommend it as something a little bit different.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reluctant Mullah.

April 12, 2011 – Started Reading
April 16, 2011 –
page 400
April 16, 2011 –
page 400

Paul Forbes That's funny because we also bought the book after meeting the author in Waterstones!

Kate F Spooky! Did he approach you and flatter you unmercifully like he did me? If he hadn't I wouldn't have looked at his book so I'm glad he did.

Paul Forbes He kind of did!

Kate F Good sales technique!