Scrill's Reviews > A Court of Mist and Fury

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

bookshelves: fantasy, romance, ya
Read 2 times. Last read April 29, 2017 to May 4, 2017.

second look review
Ughhhh sooo gooooood! Even the second time around!

original review
Sometimes you come across a book like A Court of Thorns and Roses and just love it, and can't wait till the second book comes out. Sometimes you're disappointed by the sequel, sometimes not.

oh my gosh, I was SO not disappointed!

This amazing second installment to the series was perfect. It starts off in the Spring Court picking up with the relationship between Feyre and Tamlin. Feyre is struggling to recover from her nightmarish experiences from Under the Mountain, as to which Tamlin feels his only way of loving her is to shield her from the world. He smothers and practically suffocates her till the point where she is literally pleading both him and Lucien to just let her out of the damn house. But, to Tamlin's defense, as much as you hate him for it, it is the only way he desperately knew how to love her.

"The days passed in a blur. Tamlin was away more often than not, and whenever he returned, he didn't tell me anything. I'd long since stopped pestering him for answers. A protector-that's who he was, and would always be. What I had wanted when I was cold and hard and joyless; what I had needed to melt the ice of bitter years on the cusp of starvation.

I didn't have the nerve to wonder what I wanted or needed now. Who I had become."

Tamlin, despite himself, could not protect her forever, as Feyre discovered that her powers could not be snuffed out. She made up her mind. She was to be let out of her cage and wield her own power.

"That girl who had needed to be protected, who had craved stability and comfort...she had died Under the Mountain. I had died, and there had been no one to protect me from those horrors before my neck snapped. So I had done it myself. And I would not, could not, yield that part of me that had awoken and transformed Under the Mountain."

So Feyre, with the help of Rhys and Co., is brought to the Court of Night. There she discovers more about herself, her powers, and what else lies within Pyrthian.

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Court of Mist and Fury.

April 8, 2016 – Shelved
1.92% "Feyre be like

quit smothering me!!!!"
April 30, 2017 –
page 156
24.92% ""I'm thinking that I was a lonely, hopeless person, and I might have fallen in love with the first thing that showed me a hint of kindness and safety."

🙄 duh."
May 1, 2017 –
page 185
29.55% ""FEYRE"
The voice was at once the night and the dawn and the stars and the earth, and every inch of my body calmed at the primal dominance in it.
"
May 1, 2017 –
page 213
34.03% "..he said with a roguish grin, "You are my salvation, Feyre.""
May 2, 2017 –
page 319
50.96% "No one was my master - but I might be master of everything, if I wished. If I dared."
May 4, 2017 – Finished Reading