Lorraine Kraft's Reviews > The Wedding Promise

The Wedding Promise by Karen Rose Smith

Beth Crandall has had a tumultuous childhood, being kidnapped from her bedroom and then abandoned at a mall months later when she was only 3. She spent years at a group home, where she met her best friend, Hannah. Hannah had tried to protect Beth from some boys with a knife, but the confrontation with the boys caused Beth to get her face cut, resulting in a scar. Beth is then adopted by a wonderful couple and given a good life. Years later, it is by chance she see's a couple on T.V. talking about their granddaughter, who is missing. Beth recognizes the mother of the missing girl as her sister, Clare. Beth then moves closer to get to know her biological family better. It is during this time that Beth decides to go to a plastic surgeon to have the scar removed.

The surgeon, Dr. Samuel Benedict, is a well known through the medical community as one of the top surgeons in his speciality and travels to third world countries to help the small victims caught in the middle of civil unrest. But he is not without his own scars, although they are internal, not external. After a successful surgery, both Beth and Samuel, act on a mutual attraction. Beth also feels compelled to find her best friend, Hannah, and Sam goes with Beth to check out a lead. But finding Hannah puts both Hannah and Beth in a dangerous situation. Will Sam get there in time to save both Beth and Hannah or will Sam's dreams collapse?

This is the 8th book in Karen Rose Smith's Search for Love Series and it's the first book of the series that I've read. I usually read cozy and straight mysteries, but I enjoyed it so much, I am going to go back and read the prior books of the series. The characters were well defined and story held my attention throughout and it was well paced. One of the things I liked was the way the author handled Beth's relationship with her birth family. I felt it was very realistic considering the circumstances. If you've read the prior 7 books, you will love the latest. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a good romance with some suspense to it. It's a very engaging read. Did I mention I really, really liked this book? (smile)

**Please note: I was given a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding Promise.

April 6, 2016 – Started Reading