Katie Harder-schauer's Reviews > Fluffy Strikes Back

Fluffy Strikes Back by Ashley Spires

bookshelves: first-reads-books, beat-the-backlist

I received a copy of this book through the Goodreads First Reads giveaway program in the hopes that I would leave an honest review.

I have mentioned in the past that I don't really like graphic novels all that much. This book was an exception to that rule. There are many reasons why this might be the case, but I think the biggest is that it's targeted towards children, so the sequence for the graphics was easier to follow. I may also have enjoyed it more because I read it to my daughter, so I made more of an effort to read it in an excited fashion. The fact that it's about a cat, so it was reminiscent of Garfield comics from my youth in a way, helped as well. But ultimately, it was just a fun story.

Read the rest of my review on my blog --> http://justanothergirlandherbooks.blo...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fluffy Strikes Back.

April 8, 2016 – Shelved
April 8, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 18, 2017 – Started Reading
January 18, 2017 – Shelved as: first-reads-books
January 18, 2017 – Shelved as: beat-the-backlist
January 18, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Caroline (new) - added it

Caroline I'm with you in the disliking graphic novels category. I prefer my own mind pictures. Plus all the pictures make me feel overwhelmed.

I can see where this might be the exception though. Kids books are often meant to have pictures.

Looks cute. I bet my kids would like it.

Katie Harder-schauer Caroline wrote: "I'm with you in the disliking graphic novels category. I prefer my own mind pictures. Plus all the pictures make me feel overwhelmed.

I can see where this might be the exception though. Kids book..."

It was. And it kind of reminded me of the Garfield comics that I enjoyed as a child.