Kristian Eric Javier's Reviews > The First Phone Call from Heaven

The First Phone Call from Heaven by Mitch Albom

Apr 07, 2016

The first time I read The First Phonecall from heaven by Mitch Albom, I felt goosebumps all over. And I still do whenever I read it again. I mean, in a story where the only person who does not believe in a miracle experience the truest miracle he can receive, who wouldn't?

The novel talks about, as the title states, a miracle of a person who already passed away, calling the living through a telephone. The reason? To talk about what we all wonder aloud about: heaven.

In a way, Mitch Albom's novel is a mix of mystery and religion. It talks about, first and foremost, the existence of heaven and life after death, questions that have always been asked and wondered about by many. It also poses the question "is a phonecall from heaven possible?" And if not, who is it that the so called chosen ones were speaking to?

The novel also talks about the history of the telephone and how it came to be and Mitch Albom, being the great author that he is, incorporated the history to the main story to put emphasis in the different important things in life.

Mitch Albom has always gripped our hearts in every novel he writes, and this is no exception. It will make you tear up, wonder, question, and be amazed of how the story unfolds. I am amazed how Mitch Albom has taken an idea, and made it into a beautiful, compelling story that will capture any reader's heart.

I will definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a beautiful and compelling story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Phone Call from Heaven.

Finished Reading