Raili's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

it was ok
bookshelves: couldn-t-finish

It's just not my cup of tea. At. All. I don't like the TV show, I don't like the book, I am not a huge fan of the writing, I didn't understand the freaky names and most of the time I had to have Google ready to find out WHO THE HELL are they talking about NOW??
I'll give it two stars, because even though it isn't my cup of tea, I guess there's some promise to it. I guess if I just loved the raping and murdering and blood and pure idiocy and the degradation of women, then I would pick up the second book. I didn't enjoy any of it. Most of the time I was just annoyed at the pure stupidity of the characters. And the pointless cruelty that was just depressing.
And honestly, the point when I just KNEW I'd never finish this book, and never pick up another from this author, was at the point when Catelyn told her husband: "I got a letter from my sister, someone got killed, something shady is going on at the court, you must go there and find everything out immediately!!" What? Yeah, babe, we're married, we have a ton of kids, but seriously, I've been waiting for an excuse to send you away to most probably die for a while now. Off you go! Yeah... Yeah.
Not my cup of tea. At. All.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

April 7, 2016 – Started Reading